The Federal Trade Commission requires that I place a disclosure policy on my website to notify you of any relationship I have between a product manufacturer or service provider when I write about a product or service.
This policy is valid from 16 March 2011
Here are the guidelines for Ask-Curtis.com
- This website is a personal one written and edited by me. For questions about this website, please contact Curtis Alexander (curtisa00 at gmail dot com).
- This website accepts forms of advertising. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this website. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
- I do not do ‘paid’ product reviews. I am not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely mine. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, is worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- This website does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- I am an affiliate for some products. For example, if you click a link in one of my columns you may be directed to another website selling that product (for example, Amazon.com, etc.). In many cases I may get a small commission from that website should you buy.
- If I do a dedicated product review I may include a link to the product in that review. In some cases that link may lead to a commission if you purchase the product. In those cases I will disclose, within the review, that I may receive a commission.
I think this disclosure is important for you, as a consumer, to understand the relationship between the person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider. This is good business practice in general, but especially for any online purchases. This should also be helpful to note that when you visit other websites that have product reviews it’s important to make sure that they disclose their relationships.
Founder – Ask-Curtis.com